Signs & Symptom Survey – What it means to you!
“Sometimes seemingly unrelated signs and symptoms can be directly related to the problem!”
Howard F. Loomis, Jr., D.C.
During your first visit to our office, you will be asked to fill out 12-page long questionnaire, called Sings & Symptom Survey.
The Signs & Symptom Survey was designed to assist your health care practitioner in understanding exactly what struggles your body may be going through in order to deal with your current problem. Many times you may have various signs and symptoms that do not appear to have anything to do with what brought you in to see your health care practitioner’s office today. For example: If your back hurts, you may not tell your health care practitioner that you also are experiencing bloating and constipation.
Please just take a few minutes to read this brochure, and you will see why this information can be very important to YOU and YOUR treatment!
- Judy goes in to see her health care practitioner for pain in her right shoulder. This is a problem she has had for some time and even though treatment has helped, it is a recurring issue for her.
- This time, after her treatment, the health care practitioner has asked Judy to complete a Signs & Symptom Survey.
- When her health care practitioner reviewed the completed Signs & Symptoms Survey, it was discovered that Judy has trouble eating meat and fatty foods. When she consumes any of these types of foods, she has stomach discomfort and constipation.
What could this possibly have to do with Judy’s shoulder pain?
- Judy has a problem with her gallbladder. Her diet includes many meals at fast-food restaurants, which are extremely high in fat, and this puts undue stress on the gallbladder.
- Her gallbladder is now unable to handle the fats in her diet, and in a somewhat subtle way, her body has let her know the struggle it is having with her diet.
- Many times, when an organ, such as the gallbladder, is struggling to perform its functions, it causes referred pain in other areas of the body.
- Her recurring right shoulder pain is a sign of that struggle!
- What Judy does not know is that there are nerves that run from the gallbladder, through the spine, and to the right shoulder. Hence the pain!
- The health care practitioner now knows the main problem and so does Judy. She must make some significant changes in her diet, and generally take better care of herself.
- The overall treatment Judy received is much more focused on the major struggles her body is going through because she has a health care practitioner who cares, and she took the time to complete the Signs & Symptoms Survey.
- Judy and her health care practitioner can now take the necessary steps needed to relieve some of the body's burden.
Anytime any of the organ systems of the body are out of balance, there are Signs & Symptoms. Once they are identified, your treatment will be more specific for YOU.
This Survey is intended to be used as a screening procedure for nutritional health. The survey is not intended to be used to diagnose a specific medical condition, disease or illness, or to replace an evaluation by a health care professional.
(This information is from Loomis Institute brochure.)